5 Ways to spike your metabolism
Are you finding yourself 20 or 30 pounds over weight and wondering.... What happened to my metabolism? Simply put, your metabolism is your muscle system. The more you have and the more active and efficient it is, the more your body becomes a fat burning machine. The best thing is, it doesnt have to be a long drawn out process. There are 5 steps you can take now that will have an immediate effect on your metabolism and set you on the path to melting pounds off your body TODAY!
1. Drink lots of water. This will instantly make your body more efficient. Your body will be flushed of many stored toxins and you will achieve full hydration. A hydrated body means hydrated muscles and hydrated muscles burn fat at the optimal level. Optimally you want to be drinking cold water. This will actually raise your metabolic rate even higher than room temperature water due to the fact that your body will have to heat that water so it reaches your core temperature hence burning even more calories.
2. Eat five to six small, healthy meals per day. I recommend eating every three hours. Your metabolism likes to know it isnt going to run out of energy throughout the day. So if you only eat one to two meals per day, your body is in starvation mode and prepares for that by storing excess energy to use during the long periods between meals in the form of FAT. However if you get on a schedule of eating six small and healthy meals per day, your metabolism recognizes that it doesnt have to store fat as energy knowing more fuel will be taken in soon. Now, your body will burn off the excess energy by crushing your body fat.
3. Ditch the processed foods. Whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, most lean proteins, raw nuts and 100% whole grain products must be abundant in your diet to assure your metabolism runs rapidly and efficiently. These foods are not only healthy but also provide a spike in the metabolism simply by eating them. The body works harder to digest raw whole foods and actually expends more calories from the food itself just to digest it.
4. Take a Multivitamin. If you are like 99% of Americans, you are not attaining your daily vitamins and minerals essential not only for normal everyday bodily function and health, but also a crucial factor involved in raising that metabolism and crushing body fat. When choosing a multivitamin, select a whole food based vitamin, meaning they were made from sources of foods to get the vitamins and minerals that make up the product. Dont overlook them because they can mean the difference between 5 pounds and 25 pounds lost.
5. High intensity resistance training. This training is the number one action you can take to boost your metabolism. In order to directly increase your metabolism, there must be an increase in the amount and functionality of lean muscle mass. Cardio and nutrition alone isnt going to do it. Cardio is great, but without the addition of resistance training, you will actually deplete your muscle. Resistance training is all too often the missing component in a fat loss program. So many of my clients mainly woman were afraid they were going to get big and bulky. Not the case at all. The fact is that it is much harder to get big and bulky with weight training than it is to get that long, lean and sculpted body. Needless to say, they are all smiling now.
Heres to a healthy life. No more excuses. Set that plan in motion and attack that body fat using these five ways to boost your metabolism.
Lose 20lbs for FREE
ONLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS!!
The Transformation Center By: Body & Soul Fitness:
East Aurora - 613 Oakwood Ave - East Aurora NY - 14052
Williamsville 8012 Transit Rd Williamsville NY 14221
Tonawanda 790 Young St. - Tonawanda NY 14150 (Youngmann Plaza)
Cheektowaga 3859 Union Rd. Suit 1000 Cheektowaga NY - 14225
visit www.20pounds6weeks.com to get started today.