Erie County Stay Fitness Program
OUR MOST PRECIOUS POSSESSION
THE AUTHOR OF “THE MAGIC BANK ACCOUNT” IS NOT KNOWN. IT WAS FOUND IN THE BILLFOLD OF LEGENDARY ALABAMA COACH PAUL “BEAR” BRYANT AFTER HIS DEATH IN 1982.
The Magic Bank Account
Imagine that you had won the following PRIZE in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules:
1. Everything that you don’t spend each day will be taken away from you.
2. You can’t transfer the money into some other account. You may only spend it.
3. Every morning, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 deposit for that day.
4. The bank can end the game without warning. At any point it can say, “Game Over!”, close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
ACTUALLY, THIS GAME IS REAL!
Are you shocked? YES!
Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.
The PRIZE is *TIME*
2. When we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us. What we haven’t used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank of life can dissolve your account at any time, any day and WITHOUT WARNING.
SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by much, much quicker than you may think. Take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending wisely” and forever be grateful for what you have.
The Difference Between Being Alive and Living
LIVING is breathing, and we breathe just as animals do to be alive. A person can be said to be living when they are breathing and carrying out all the actions that a being has to do to live such as eating, drinking, and sleeping.
BEING ALIVE means actively following your dreams and passions, not just doing the most necessary things we have to do to live.
SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE, ON A PERSONAL NOTE
Just a few weeks ago, on February 15, I celebrated my 88th birthday. Even at my age I am always ready for another adventure or the next chapter in my life. Feeling better, looking better, meeting new friends, having new experiences and learning new things are all within your grasp too by learning about and participating in the great life enhancing programs being offered by Erie County Senior Services. Join us and be a part of a great community!
CALL NOW 716-858-8526
A newspaper for Western New York's Seniors - and proud of it!